A roller blind is a length of fabric on a roller mechanism that can be adjusted to different heights.
It is an economical way to control privacy and glare.
Due to many advances over the last few years, the humble Roller (Holland) Blind is experiencing a renaissance.
Firstly, there have been many advances in fabrics, from light filtering, blockout and through to a wide range of screen fabric.
The light filtering fabrics allow light to filter through, while protecting from the sun and offering privacy.
The blockout fabrics offer room darkening and a great for bedrooms.
The screen fabric allows you to enjoy the outside view, while being offered great protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Secondly, there is a vast array of component options, from
- the simple spring loaded blind with a scallop,
- chain driven blinds with colour coded brackets and base bars,
- Spring Assist link systems,
- double blinds (incorporating Sunscreen for days and blockout Rollers for night),
- Cassette and Side Channel,
- Wire Guide and
- motorised options
These advances, as well as the fact that many roller fabrics can be matched to Verticals, Romans and Panel Glides, makes it easy to see why Rollers are so appealing, both functionally and decoratively.
Rollers have never looked more appealing so, with such a wide range, with so many options and configurations available, Apollo has a Roller Blind system to suit almost any budget and requirement .
- Chain control is standard
- Traditional spring mechanism available
- Maximum width up to 3m (depending on fabric)
- Maximum drop 3m
- Maximum coverage area per blind 6m²
- Mimimum reveal required (space from window to front of sill) 60mm
- Child safety feature as standard
- Available in a range of fabrics and colours with colour-coordinated brackets
- Aluminium bottom rail or 6 decorator trims
- Allows optimum level of light and heat control while blocking out up to 90% of UV rays but still lets in the view
- Wide range of colours and flame resistant fabrics
- Maximum width 3310mm
- Maximum drop 3000mm
- Maximum coverage area per blind 9m2
- Minimum reveal required 60mm (space from window to front of sill)
- Child safety feature as standard
- Aluminium bottom rail
- Chain control
Traditional Roller (Holland) Blinds use a spring system to operate the blind.
To operate, grab bottom rail and pull down.
Available either with plain trim, cutout or scallop.
Apollo Blinds offers aluminum top tube in both 32mm and 38mm diameter.
Chain driven (Side Winder) system allows operation of blind using chain operation either on left or right side.
Much more convenient than spring operated, allowing more control when operating blind.
The top tube is aluminium and is available in -
- 38mm diameter (blind up to 2145mm width),
- 43mm dIameter (blinds up to 2700mm and motorized blinds),
- 43mm Super Heavy Duty (thicker wall, suitable for blinds up to 3300mm and motorization).
For Blinds wider than 3300mm or longer than 3000mm, Apollo offers the 60mm tube system
The Spring Assist system is attached to the chain drive mechanism and reduces the weight of lifting larger blinds
Apollo’s Double Blind System allows you to couple two different fabrics within the one window system.
This offers you the ability to couple both a Suncreen and blockout in the one window, affording you view, light control and total night time privacy within the one system.
Ideal for large windows where coverage is beyond the size limitations of fabrics.
The Apollo Link system allows linking and operating of up to 3 blinds with one control system.
The Link system is also ideal for sliding doors where 3 blinds are required.
Linking 2 blinds eliminates the need for a chain drive mechanism in middle of window.
The Link system reduces the gap between fabrics from 28mm down to 20mm.
The Apollo Dummy Link System allows two blinds to be linked using a common centre bracket, thus reducing the gap between fabric of both blinds, while allowing independent controls.
Apollo offers a range of automation option from
- hard-wired switches,
- RTS remote control options, and
- Cbus systems
linking in with home automation systems.
These systems may also be linked to timers or Sun Sensors.
We have an automated system to suit almost any application and budget.
The Apollo Cassette allows the roller blind mechanism to be concealed within a headbox system.
The cassette system is available in 4 colours, Snow White, White Birch, Silver Grey and Black.
The Cassette system allows two control mechanisms, one left and one right.
That means you could have either
- 2 individual blinds,
- two pair of link blinds or
- three blinds with a link pair and one individual blind.
This system allow the roller to be covered and the channels eliminate gaps on the sides, allowing almost total room darkening.
Available in 4 colour options Snow White, White Birch, Silver Grey and Black.
With the Apollo Wire Guide System your roller is stabilised because the bottom rail is attached to stainless steel wire as the blind rolls up and down.
This means that your roller blind is not as affected by breeze from open windows and remains stable in any position.